The community health awareness group Oral Health America has reported that 82 percent of adults are unaware of the role that infectious bacteria can play in tooth decay or cavities, and almost three out of five children aged 12 to 19 have tooth decay. Since June is National Smile Month, Dr. Babaeian and our team at Brace Connection thought we’d remind our patients about the importance of good oral hygiene visits between office visits.
To keep yours and your family’s smiles healthy and beautiful for years to come, be sure to:
· Brush your teeth at least twice a day
· Floss every day to clean between your teeth
· Eat a healthy, well-balanced diet
· Reduce your intake of sugary foods and drinks
· Follow through with your regular general dental and orthodontic visits!
If you want to know more about healthy home care habits, feel free to ask our team at your next appointment!